BALM Hospice Chaplain Services
As part of the hospice healthcare team, BALM Hospice Chaplains make Spiritual Care a priority. Chaplains offer open, sensitive, and non-judgmental presence and an acceptance of different beliefs, cultures and values. It is our goal to support every family with as much compassion and care as possible. Being able to walk with someone as they die is an incredible gift. We recognize this gift and respect life in all its stages and transitions. Our hope is to share in this incredibly sacred time in such a way as to provide spiritual healing, purpose and meaning honoring your special loved one entrusted to our care.
Issues of meaning, spiritual pain, forgiveness, hope, and relatedness become more focused during terminal illness. Supportive presence, listening, and appropriate intervention given by a Hospice Chaplain can help make this time a blessed time.
BALM Hospice Chaplains offers the following:
- Care to patients, families and caregivers according to their desires and beliefs.
- Assistance connecting people with clergy of their own faith group or other professionals.
- Open, sensitive, and non-judgmental presence accepting of different beliefs, cultures and values.
- Assistance in making arrangements for or officiating at funeral or memorial services, cooperating with churched and non-churched families alike.
- Regular visits in the Hospice House giving patients and families a chance to get to know the Chaplain over a casual cup of tea shared in a home-like setting.
- In-Home patients can expect to receive a call from a BALM Hospice Chaplain within seven days of admission into the Hospice program.
- From initial visit forward, our Chaplains continue to visit or just be available to call, talk, visit and offer support.